Short stay visa for a parent of French or his/her foreign spouse
Your child is French or married to a French national and you want to visit him/her for less than three months in any six-month period.
We invite you to apply for a short-stay visa as a direct forebear of a French national or of a foreign spouse of French national by submitting the following documents :
Warning, if you wish to settle permanently in France, you must request a long-stay visa as ascendant.
1. A short stay visa application form, completed on both sides, signed by the applicant.
2. A recent photograph on a clear background
3. 40,000 FCFA in cash
4. Valid passport issued since less than 10 years, with a validity of at least three months beyond the requested visa, with at least two blank pages and photocopies of pages containing personal data and those displaying the last visas and stamps of entry and exit from the Schengen area.
5. National identity card or residence permits for non-Cameroonians.
6. Marriage certificate and death certificate if widowed.
7. Supporting the family link with the French national or his spouse : birth of French citizen or their spouse or family book of French national
8. Documents relating to the French nationality of the descendant : national identity card or certificate of French nationality or amplifying a decree of naturalization or reinstatement in French nationality
9. Proof of accommodation certificate : Original + photocopy.
10. Supporting of the socio-professional situation : business card, license or pay slips of the last three months, certificate of employment and leave for employees or pension statements for the last three months for retirees or supporting maintenance by the descendant.
11. Supporting livelihoods for the duration of stay : international credit card and bank statements for the last three months and / or proof of support by the host.
12. Supporting documents for the hosting resources : pay slips last three months, last tax on the duplex income.
13. Commitment on the honor to back at the expiration of the visa signed by the French descendant.
14. Round-trip flight booking.
15. Travel insurance covering medical expenses and repatriation, with a minimum coverage of 20 million CFA francs, valid for the entire stay.
To help you build your dossier, download the checklist of required documents (PDF, 29.4 KB)
Warning : Please prepare a copy of the required documentation. No photocopies may be made on site.
All of these documents will study your case. The Visa has the right to request additional information and to check the authenticity of the documents produced. The presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean the visa. The originals of the documents requested by the visa service must be presented at the visa service and may be required by the Border Police.