Visa for a foreign child, a minor or a person under the responsibility of a French national
One of your parents is French ; you are still a minor or at his responsibility and you want to sit with him/her in France.
To join your French parents and settle with him/her in France, here are the documents requested :
1. A long-stay visa application form, completed on both sides, signed by the applicant.
2. A recent photograph, a light background.
3. 65,000 FCFA in cash.
4. Valid passport issued since less than 10 years, with a validity of at least three months beyond the requested visa, with at least two blank pages and photocopies of pages containing personal data and those displaying the last visas and stamps of entry and exit from the Schengen area.
5. Documents relating to the French nationality of the applicant parent : copy of the CNI, French nationality certificate or an exemplification of a decree of naturalization or reinstatement of French nationality or a birth certificate bearing the words of French nationality.
6. Proof of filiation : birth certificate of the applicant accompanied, if appropriate, of an act of recognition by a French national or a judgment of adoption verified by a French court.
7. Proof concerning the exercise of parental authority over the plaintiff + authorization to leave the territory legalized.
8. If the child is over 21 years :
Child Resource evidence ;
proof of income of the French parent and its housing conditions in France ;
Proof of payment of money to the applicant.
9. Proof of residence in France of French parents or intention to settle or explanatory letter if circumstances
10. If the child is a minor and the other parent is not present : proxy established by the French parent for a qualified person to visa formalities.
To help you build your dossier, download the checklist of required documents (PDF, 165.2 kb)
Warning : Please prepare a copy of the required documentation. No photocopies may be made on site. All of these documents will help to study your case. The visa service can request additional information and check the authenticity of the documents produced. The presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean the visa. The originals of the documents requested by the visa service must be presented at the visa service and may be required by the Border Police.