Visa for the family of a citizen of the EU / EEA or Switzerland
Your spouse, your parent or your child is a citizen of the EU / EEA (excluding France) and Switzerland
Are considered national of the European Union family members and the European Economic Area or Switzerland : spouse, children under 21 (or over 21 if they justify being in charge of their parent European) and the forebears of the European citizen or their spouse.
If this is your case you can apply for a short-stay visa for a visit or institution with the documents listed below.
If you wish to settle in France, do not forget to specify when submitting your application. You must then apply for a residence permit directly from the Prefecture of your new home in France. Here are the documents required :
1. A short stay visa application form, completed on both sides, signed by the applicant.
2. A recent photograph on a light background.
3. Valid passport issued since less than 10 years, with a validity of at least three months beyond the requested visa, with at least two blank pages and photocopies of pages containing personal data and those displaying the last visas and stamps of entry and exit from the Schengen area.
4. National identity card or residence permits for non-Cameroonians.
5. Proof of family relationship with the citizen of the European Union or the European Economic Area or Switzerland :
Civil status document (in case of marriage, it must be recognized in legal form in the country of Community nationals).
In case of separation of the parents, if it is a minor under 18 years : document specifying the allocation of custody.
6. Proof of the nationality of an EU national or EEA or Swiss.
7. Proof of residence (accommodation and route) or establishment in France of the citizen of the EU / EEA or Switzerland (employment contract or lease or deed of sale of a dwelling and attestation of its intention to establish there).
8. For dependents : sworn statement or official document establishing this quality.
To help you build your dossier, download the checklist of required documents (PDF, 224.6 kb)
Warning : Please provide a copy of the required documentation. No photocopies may be made on site. All of these documents will study your case. The Visa reserves the right to request additional information and to check the authenticity of the documents produced. The presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean the visa. The originals of the documents requested by the visa service must be presented at the visa service and may be required by the Border Police.