Visa of installation for the parent of a French minor residing in France

Your French minor child is residing in France and you contribute to its maintenance and upbringing.

You want to join permanently your child of French nationality living in France.
If you actually contribute to his education and maintenance, you can request a long-stay visa as parent of a minor French citizen residing in France by presenting the following documents :

1. A visa long stays application form, completed on both sides, signed by the applicant.
2. A recent photograph on a light background.
3. 65,000 FCFA in cash
4. Valid passport issued since less than 10 years, with a validity of at least three months beyond the requested visa, with at least two blank pages and photocopies of pages containing personal data.
5. National identity card or residence permits for non-Cameroonians.
6. Proof of parentage between the visa applicant and the child : full copy of the French birth certificate of the child
7. Documents relating to the French nationality of the child : French nationality certificate, national identity card.
8. A document showing the actual contribution of the visa applicant for the maintenance and the child’s education from birth thereof or for at least two years.
9. Documents relating to the residence in France of the child : school certificate or recent proof of residence when the child is not in school (rent receipt, utility bill, telephone, lease ...) or any other document proving the child’s residence in France.
10. Visa applicant’s attestation certifying on the honor he does not live in a polygamous relationship.
11. Proof of the applicant’s family situation.

To help you build your dossier, download the checklist of required documents (PDF ; 138 KB)

Warning : Please prepare a copy of the required documentation. No photocopies may be made on site. All of these documents will help to study your case. The visa service can request additional information and check the authenticity of the documents produced. The presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean the visa. The originals of the documents requested by the visa service must be presented at the visa service and may be required by the Border Police.

Dernière modification : 27/04/2016

Haut de page